Finalists selected for Mega-Innovation Award
Four finalists have been announced for the Mega-Conference Innovation Award:
- Calkins Media, publisher of the Bucks County Courier Times in Levittown, Penn., launched the Bucks County Courier Times' 24/7 streaming video channel. The video stream is available on the Courier Times website, its TV Everywhere apps for iOS and Android, and via free app downloads on streaming media devices including Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV.
- McClatchy has made a significant shift to selling based on audience and meeting the comprehensive marketing needs of customers in both traditional and digital forms, with a majority of its markets having completed the rebranding from a traditional newspaper company to a true digital media company.
- The Pilot, Southern Pines, N.C.: After the launch of its digital advertising agency, First Flight Digital, it found that the newspaper's clients needed a way to speak to millennials in a voice they would willingly consume. In response, The Pilot created The Sway, a twice-weekly e-newsletter that delivers bite-sized information with a funny, snappy voice. The newsletter has created a new revenue stream and been a game-changer for the entire organization.
- Albuquerque Journal: The paper's classified ads are now an interactive medium with action that drives engagement. Each print ad can include the following features that extend print to an interactive experience: click-to-call, email, text messaging, website, pictures and social media links.
Their work will be showcased and the winner will be announced on Friday, Feb. 24, at the Mega-Conference, to be held in Orlando, Fla., Feb. 23-25.
The Mega-Innovation Award was created to identify and reward those companies that are successfully transitioning their businesses to take advantage of the emerging trends in media and marketing.
Register for the Mega-Conference:
- Register as an Attendee
- See who's coming to MEGA!
- Download Sponsor/Exhibitor Details
- Download the Conference Program
- Reserve Your Hotel Room
Watch for news about the award at www.mega-conference.com, following the presentation.
|Contact||Testimonials||Follow us on Twitter||Powered by|